Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral are to relieve the burden on your loved ones at an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can coordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, whether it be weekly, monthly or quarterly. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside (with accumulated interest earned), those excess funds may be able to be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives. Pre-paid accounts are also easily transferable from one funeral home to another, should you choose to move your arrangements.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
- Provide information that you would like in an obituary notice.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, your family and your friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can make changes to those plans anytime and as many times as you may choose.
How does Falcone Family Funeral & Cremation Service Inc. handle their burial trust accounts?
- There is no charge for setting up and maintaining a pre-arranged funeral and its associated burial trust.
- Trust owners are sent the location and burial trust account information as soon as the trust is opened.
- Our burial trust accounts are 100% insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Company (FDIC).
- The financial institution where the funds are invested issues a statement every January.
- The burial trusts are 100% portable.
- Providing a family stays within the framework of the original funeral arrangements selected, it is anticipated that 100% of the at need arrangements will be covered completely with no additional supplemental expenses provided by the family.